Event: Introduction to UEFI Firmware
When: Sunday, 2013-09-22
Where: 17725 NE 65th St A-155, Redmond, WA 98052
--- The Event ---
* Learn UEFI Forum's firmware architecture, the TianoCore open source project, and the EDK-II, UDK, and EADK toolchains. Demos of toolchain installation and usage, on Windows and Ubuntu.
* Learn about building firmware images, and the handful of companies that sell their implementation. No demos.
* Learn about boot loaders, and the EFI approaches taken by the main commerical OS vendors and the various different the Linux vendors. No demos.
* Learn about native EFI images, the multiple different driver and application models. And Intel's EFI bytecode. No demos.
* Learn about the UEFI Shell, the ~66 commands, writing/invoking scripts. Demos of shell and multiple commands.
* Learn about existing EFI test code, including the EFI version of CPython, and and 3rd party open source pentest tools. Maybe some demos.